If your Bluetooth device does not seem to charge try the following steps:
1) Make sure that the power outlet you're using is working and that the cord is fitted correctly into the wall, PC or Car outlet and the Jabra Bluetooth device.
2) Try unplugging the Jabra Bluetooth device and see if it turns on. If so, use the Jabra Bluetooth device until the battery is completely exhausted. The next time you charge it, check that it is charging properly
3) If the Jabra Bluetooth device is still not charging, check what happens when you initially plug the Bluetooth device into its charger. If the light on the Bluetooth device flashes on and then off again quickly, it is likely that the battery is no longer working. Batteries are not replaceable or covered in our warranty
Our advice for proper use of a rechargeable battery:
1) After the Bluetooth device is completely charged, only recharge the device again when the battery is empty.
2) Remember to recharge the battery at least every 3 months (if not used).
- If the device is not used or charged for an excessive amount of time, there's a risk that the battery will no longer charge. The battery is NOT replaceable.