I hear crackling noises
Bluetooth is a radio technology, which means it is sensitive to objects between the speakerphone and the connected device. It is designed for the speakerphone and the connected device to be used within 33 feet (10 meters) of each other, with no major objects in the way (walls, etc.).
Will the Jabra FREEWAY work with other Bluetooth equipment?
The Jabra FREEWAY is designed to work with Bluetooth mobile phones. It can also work with other Bluetooth devices that are compliant with Bluetooth version 1.1 or higher and support a headset, hands-free and/or advance audio distribution profile.
I cannot use Reject call, call on hold, Redial or voice dialing
These features are dependent on the ability of your phone to support a hands-free profile. Even if the handsfree profile is implemented reject call, call hold and voice dialing are optional features which are not supported by all devices. Please consult your device manual for details.
Please note that some features can only be operated from the primary device e.g. voice dial using Jabra FREEWAY with 2 mobile phones.
I cannot hear anything in my speakerphone
- Increase the volume in the speakerphone.
- Ensure that the speakerphone is paired to a device that is playing.
- Make sure your phone is connected to the speakerphone by tapping the Answer/End button.
I am having pairing problems
You may have deleted your speakerphone pairing connection in your mobile phone/device. Follow the pairing instruction to pair it again.
My Jabra FREEWAY does not announce the caller names during incoming calls
Ensure that your phone supports the Bluetooth® phonebook access profile (PBAP) and that the name of the caller is in you phonebook.
Please note that on some Android phones a warning message about the phonebook transfer appears in the top left corner. You must select this message and agree to the connection in order to get caller ID to function properly.
I cannot connect speakerphone and radio via FM transmitter
1. Make sure the radio is turned on and speakerphone is in FM mode (FM Status Icon is on).
2. If your radio when searching is not able to find the FM frequency set by your speakerphone, the FM frequency must be tuned in manually on the radio. Please read radio manual to find out how to manually change frequency on your radio.
3. If your radio is in TA (Traffic Announcement) mode, switch TA off and your radio should be able to find your speakerphone when using the search function on the radio. If not tune in manually.
4. The sensitivity of the search function on your radio determines whether it is able to find the frequency set by your speakerphone. On some radios you are able to adjust the sensitivity thus making it possible to find the speakerphone frequency when searching. If not tune in manually.
5. In urban areas it might be difficult to find a clear frequency. It is therefore advisable to use a frequency in the lower or upper end of the FM frequency band (e.g. 88.1 or 107.7 MHz) where you will have the best chance to find a clear frequency.
I want to reset the pairing list in my speakerphone
The speakerphone registers a list of up to 7 mobile phones. To clear the pairing list and reset the Jabra FREEWAY to factory settings you can turn the FREEWAY on while pressing the FM, Voice and Answer/end button for about 6 seconds. The next time you power on the Jabra FREEWAY it will automatically go into pairing mode.